I think my family are MORE than happy that I love to bake. They are, after all, the ones that get to eat all of the cookies, cupcakes, slices, or whatever else I may be creating in the kitchen. I am often slapping hands away from the cookie dough, or the frosting that lay in a bowl on the bench! And I’m glad that they love what I make…I think it would be boring to have no one to share it with.
A few days ago, one of my brothers asked me what I would be making this week (0h dear, I think he has switched on to my routine!). I had a few ideas floating around my head, some things that I had been experimenting with, as well as some good old favourites that I hadn’t made for awhile. It didn’t take me long to decide that it was time to make something chocolate. And by chocolate, I don’t just mean buttery cookies with choc chips (as much as I love these! *mental note: make some again reaaaaaaally soon*), but by chocolate I mean chocolate OVERLOAD.
Love chocolate? Then you will LOVE this slice. I mean, how can you go wrong when there are Mars Bars involved?!
Mars Bar Slice
For the slice
130g unsalted butter
270g mars bars
1 1/2 Tb golden syrup
3 3/4 C rice bubbles
1. Line an 18cm x 28cm slice tin with baking paper.
2. In a saucepan on low-medium heat, melt the butter, mars bars and golden syrup.
3. Increase the heat to medium, stirring consistently. When mixture is fudge-like, remove from heat.
4. In a large bowl, mix the chocolate mixture with the rice bubbles.
5. Press mixture into the slice tin and place in the refridgerator until set.
For the icing
200g milk chocolate (as a Cadbury addict, Dairy Milk is always my choice)
40g unsalted butter
1. Melt chocolate and butter until smooth and combined.
2. Spread evenly over the set mars bar slice.
Only five ingredients…how crazy is that?! The result is chocolately caramelly fudgy wonderfulness! And it is super easy and quick to make. Come to think of it, it makes its way out of the tin pretty quickly too!
Carla Sue xo
P.S. If you haven’t already, I would love it if you could ‘like’ my facebook page! Just click here.