For a little while now, I have been thinking about incorporating a different type of post onto eat sweet. I absolutely love sharing my recipes, but I wanted to add something extra. But what to write them on was getting me a little stumped. The amount of drafts I have written, but none of them have been exactly what I wanted. And then this week, it finally hit me.
What else do I love almost as much as baking? Homewares!
Several years ago, I would never have thought I would be like this, but I am one of those people that if they walk past a homewares shop they find it extremely hard not to go in. I love going in to check out what is new, seeing the beautiful displays…mentally putting together a kitchen wishlist. We have a great store here in Tassie called Your Habitat, but when I am on the mainland I always make sure I get to visit Matchbox and General Trader. Well and Oporto as well, because we don’t have that here either! I looooooove that prego sauce. But that has nothing to do with homewares.
Now, when I say I like going in to check out what is new, this usually results in some purchases from time to time. And my wonderful family and friends know me oh so well, which means that I am super dooper lucky and get homewares for birthday and Christmas pressies too! I have a nice collection of things which I absolutely adore, and will one day get to set up in my very own kitchen.
Below are some of my favourite items that are currently available, and have crept their way onto my kitchen dreaming list…
1. Anna Gare My Family Biscuit Set: I only really know Anna as the female judge from Junior Masterchef, but I also know that she has released a beautiful range of homewares. And how cute are these cookie cutters?! Rather than making only Gingerbread Men, you could make a whole Gingerbread Family! (for more information, click here).
2. Maxwell & Williams Sprinkle Square Baker Mini: Any thing mini always gets points in my book, but bright colours with white polka dots too?! Love. These would be great for either sweet or savoury (yes, sometimes I do cook savoury food!) treats. (for more information, click here).
3. Chicago Metallic Batter Dispenser Purple: I came across this beauty while looking in General Trader in Adelaide recently. What a great idea! Sometimes dispensing batter can get a little messy, and this dispenser ensures that the same amount is dispensed every time. Plus, I love the colour. (for more information, click here).
4. Tala Retro Round Cake Tin Set of 3: Okay, I absolutely adore these tins. Just a couple of weeks ago I bought these for a wedding present and filled the bottom tin with cookie cutters, cupcake cases, tea towels and a mini kitchen utensils. It was quite hard to let go of them, but I know they will be well loved in their lovely new home. (for more information, click here).
5. Salt & Pepper Dream Footed Cake Plate & Dome: There isn’t much I can say about this one…it’s just so pretty! It’s a really good size at 28cm by 30cm (height), meaning you can fill it with lots of goodies. (for more information, click here).
6. Masterclass Whoopie and Macaron Pans: To make baking oh so much easier…they make sure that each biscuit is the same size! (for more information, click here).
7. Kenwood KMix Magenta Kettle: I am in love with this whole range. But I had to choose the magenta to show you all because it is my favourite. I think. Oh, it’s just too tricky to choose from so many beautiful colours! (for more information, click here).
8.Wilton Scoop It Batter Spoons: While these are a similar idea to the batter dispenser, I couldn’t help but include these too. The set includes three spoons, with one each to fill mini, standard and jumbo cupcake cases.
9. KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer Boysenberry: Okay, okay. You would probably be surprised if this wasn’t on my list. Every bakers dream! I don’t yet own a KitchenAid, but I love this colour. Not only are they super helpful for baking and other food preparation (you can buy so many different attachments!) but they are so beautiful. If only they were priced similarly here in Australia as they are in the US… (for more information, click here).
Ah, nothing like a bit of window shopping. Have you got your eye on anything at the moment?
Hope you are all having a great weekend!
Disclaimer: Please note I have not been asked or paid by any business or company to feature these items, they have been chosen purely based on my own opinions and interests. I have not tried or tested any of these products.